Monday, June 14, 2010

Growing Old

I realize it is a way of life, growing old that is, the alternative is to not be here any longer. So I guess growing old is a natural thing. Right? So I was off to the Eye Doctors today, guess what both eyes have different problems, need different strengths, what else is new? I am different. So I will be heading out this week to order new glasses. Not a biggie...

I am feeling much better about life. I am reading the book Eat Pray Love. I am almost thru the section on Pray. A few of these short stories hit home for me. If it bothers you, upsets you and makes you angry, do something about it. Fix it, settle it in your mind and do something positive. Do not side step it, face it head on, make a decision and follow your heart. I choose to take what is bothering me at this moment, put it behind a closed door, lock it up tight and throw away the key. In the end it is not my problem right now. I can say or think what I want, but when it concerns someone else, it is not my decision, so I will shut up and keep out of it. I will not let it break my heart.

I am working on a better me right now. So folks, yes I am happy again, I am smiling again and know I have a lot to offer to others. I am a good person with a wealth of wise old knowledge and love to share.

Four days till we leave for a nine day adventure again. Yahoo, pack my bags and load up the car I am almost ready to go.

No comments: