Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Morning,

What a beautiful week end it was. The weather men are the only ones who can be wrong so often and still have jobs. I know I ended up shoveling well over a foot of snow when all was said and done. I loved it though. I find an inner peace shoveling, being outside, shoveling, smiling loving how that fresh blanket of snow looks. It is so pure and pristine looking when it is falling. I stood there and smiled in awe of Mother Nature. I could never live in another part of the States, I would miss each and every season.

The ongoing sage of my hand/wrist. I got my stitches out, he says it looks good. We are still concerned about nerve damage. I cannot use my left hand thumb without pain. I will go back the beginning of next month and if it is not getting better take another look at it more closely. WE are all hoping that the inflammation will go down and all will be well though. We have no real reason to believe otherwise.

As for the store and merchandise. I am at our 40% off sale. This is it, last chance, no more mark downs. Two weeks to go. We have tables, chairs and lots of stuff up for sale.

Thank You all again for all your help and support over the last eight years.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Well, I finally managed to get to your blog and I am hoping you will continue it long after the doors of Quilter's Compass close!

I was thinking about a little sign my daughter has hanging on a wall in her house. It says "A house is not a home until love moves in." It made me think of your quilt shop when I read it last. Quilter's Compass could have been just another shop full of goodies. Instead, because of your warmth, it was a home to quilters of all levels of expertise...a happening place with warmth and humor, care-filled instructions and an environment that encouraged peace in the midst of outer turmoil. Who could ask for a nicer place to be in to create beauty from scraps? Or a nicer person to share the scraps of life with while stitching piece to piece in the hope of seeing a stronger whole?

You will be missed...you are to be thanked by so many...You did not give us a shop...you gave, and because you did we had a warm homey place to be in. Thank you...

Terry and Julia