Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Morning One and All,

What a Winter we are having. I am afraid it is going to be a long cold snowy season. I spent Sunday making a wonderful Pot Roast and Beef Vegetable Soup while I watched the snow fall. My house smelled wonderful and I was so content, all was right with the world.

My wrist is doing better, I am having some issues with my thumb, but I will see the surgeon on Monday and see what he says about it. I cannot wait for the stitches to come out.

I am having so much fun, I run into folks outside of the store and they are asking me "You look so happy, what is up?" When you truly know deep down you have made a life changing decision that is right for you it just plain feels good. I have been happy and I am finding out that I smile so much more. It is like an entire world has opened its doors for me. Everyone should try to give back something of themselves. The old line that it is better to give than to receive is true. Don't get me wrong, I love getting things, but now they are just things, it does not have to be tangible anymore to me, it is so much more. It was like at Christmas, I was so happy to watch others open gifts that I made sure were just right, I could have cared less if I got anything in return. This past Christmas was the best on record.

On another note, the store is looking bare these days. I still have fabrics and notions so come in and buy up quickly. I am closed as of the end of this month. I will not continue beyond this month. Ladies and gentlemen, think backings, think of future projects, help move the last of the stock.

I am blessed to have gotten so many emails, phone calls, and people dropping in to say what an impact on there life I was to them. Can I honestly say I got back ten times more than I gave out. I have met the most amazing people, have helped many thru illnesses, cancer, deaths thru sad times and the happy times too. That is what a lasting relationship is. I will continue to have this blog, and to keep my email address. I know many of you will stay in touch with me. I have been asked by three places to teach, my response is to give me a little time and yes I will be ready. Quilting is in my heart, I will continue it. I am proud that many of you have formed your own off shoots of the store. It is an honor to have been part of having you all make new friends, become your own support system and care so much about each other. I will drop in and visit these groups as time permits. Keep me up to date on when and where you will be meeting and I will surprise you and drop in. I remember our original "Brown Baggers Club," Fran you should be very proud of what you started so many years ago. You were and are my inspiration. Thank You.

I will be closed all day this Friday.

No comments: