Friday, October 24, 2008

Thanks for all the support

My Aunt Bea's Passing

I need to say a special thank you to everyone who have helped me thru the last few weeks. As many of you know I (Larry too) had been caring for my Aunt Bea. Bea was the last and closest link to my Dad. I was able to spend the last week with her day and night. I held her hand as she passed away. I had such a void that was almost unbearable. My Dad helped build her apartment house in South Boston. It was a special place. We had her Funeral Mass on the Thursday of the October Holiday Week End which was very emotional. A private cematary service was held Friday afternoon followed by a gathering at a restaurant where we talked about all the good times we shared with Bea.

I got to go away with my Sister Susan and my Daughter Cara to Susan's condo in New Hampshire. It was so picturesque, the fall is a pretty time of year. I got to have some much needed rest and relaxation We rented chick flicks, shopped, ate and had some girl time which I will cherish and remember for a long time. We will now make this a yearly girls week end in memory of Bea.

Now it is time to put the past and sadness behind me, time to remember the good times and move forward. I have a lot of new and exciting plans for my future. I feel strong and able to handle life again. If you have quarreled with some one, been mad at someone, or lost touch with a special someone, make amends. Life is very short, remind that someone that you love them, that you are there for them and let bygones be bygones. Words hurt, they hurt deeply. make peace while you can.

I want to Thank again all the special people who have been there for me and helped me thru these rough times. You all know who you are, Thanks again.

No comments: