Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/12/09

It is a rainy damp Saturday today and I for one am loving it.

This is the kind of day that I love to make soup, to cook and have my house smell yummy!

Thanks to a very talented and good cook who shared her recipes with me I have right now simmering on my stove top Taco Soup and Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini. I am about to put into the oven three loafs of Zucchini Bread. I also have a Braised Beef simmering on the stove top too. I will have my meals all ready for the week. I love it, my kids just came over and had to follow their nose into the kitchen to see what smelled so good. Cooking is something that just puts me at ease, calms me down, and makes me remember my Mother fondly. I have some great memories working side by side with her and I cooking. I now look back thinking about those long chats we had about nothing of anything significant then, but that are now so special to me. They bring a smile to my face, a tear to my eye and brings her closer to me.

Larry is busy at his computer, working to put slide shows together. Camera Club starts this coming week and we are both excited about the New Years Events that are planned.


Weather permitting we are going tot he Big Corn Festival tomorrow held in Norwell. It will be a good photo opportunity and will be fun to see all the events that are planned on there schedule.

I start back to work on a no lifting rules. I do not want to undo all the work I have done to get my aching back better. I miss my clients so much. It will be great to see them again.

So Ladies as I end this posting, picture me, my apron on happy, content and at peace with life.

Life is good!

No comments: