Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

Hey All,

The Fourth of July was a blast. I was thankful for such wonderful weather. Larry and I took off on a last minute impromptu photo shoots. What fun. We went from Bostons turning of the Constitution with a Fly By over it, to the North End, Yummy! We went to the Adams House that night and saw a play of John and Abigail Adams with Jefferson reading there letters to each other. Memorizing, amazing, wonderful I could go on and on. We walked the grounds, took pictures and enjoyed it with two good friends. Life is good. I have to say we did not get to the Pow Wow. I ran out of steam. We had a Scavenger Hunt a week end ago that was lots of walking and traveling thru the North End up to Fanuiel Hall ending at the top floor of the State Street building, the one with the clock on top. We were up on the top floor walking outside and around it seeing the city from a whole new angle. How amazing. There is nothing quite like viewing the world thru a camera lens. As you can tell I am having a blast, I am lusting for a new bigger and better wide angle zoom lens. This week end we are off on a sail boat cruise to see the Tall Ships. We filled the boat, thirty people, all from camera club. We will all be amongst others like ourselves. I am hoping for really nice weather. We will have a lot of laughs one way or another, I am sure of that.

Ladies who have stayed in touch by email or letters, Thank You, you are very special to me and I know you know it. Those who follow the blog, Thank You too. You can write back to me thru the blog by clicking on the comments box. I read them all.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy the days as best as one can when it is pouring out. I can take rain all week long as long as the week ends are sunny. OK I will settle for a cloudy day as long as it is not raining.

The door to your dreams will never close as long as you have the hope, the drive, and the determination to make them come true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom's letter arrived today and written in it was a poem that she read in her local paper the (Cupertino)Courier, the poem is by a high school student named Carl Shan
The Recipe For Happiness
Roll out your memories
And chop chop chop them into pieces.
Dust forgetfulness and sadness on top.
Measure an ounce of blissful ignorance.
Take a large cup filled to the brim with
delighful days.
Find several basins awash with adoration,
And boil together under the branching sky.
Stir with a handful of dreams.
Add a spoon of fiery intent.
Put in a large chunk of satisfaction.
Then turn the flame low.
The pot simmers with radiance.
You've created a masterpiece.
Bon Appetit.

Any problems with indentation are mine, as it was hard to fit the poem in the blog comment area, but this was too good not to share. Dan's mom and your near neighbor

Unknown said...

haha, thanks for sharing that. didn't know it'd circulate online as well. -carl shan

p.s. if you're interested i have quite a few more poems that i've written available on http://www.poetry.com/dotnet/P7767677/999/4/display.aspx