Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunny Monday

Good Morning!

What a great day it is. I had the most wonderful three days imaginable. Saturday night a group of us went and sat outside the Brockton Fair and I took my first Fireworks Pictures. I learned a lot about how to take firework pictures. I also learned that if you shoot them you don"t get to appreciate them as much, although then you have a picture that will last forever. It is finding that happy medium that works. I did manage to take some that I think are really good.

Saturday it was up early to catch the Harbor Boat out of Quincy to go into Boston. The day could not have been better, well maybe a few big puffy white clouds in the sky, but it was awesome. The boat ride over got us all excited about what we were doing next. In Boston we boarded a Tall Ship and took the best ride in and around the harbor. Let me tell you when it was over I wanted to sign up and do it all over again. I have never seen the harbor so busy and so colorful and filled with people as far as the eye could see. The crew was a blast and very knowledgeable about each Tall Ship in the water. When we were done we walked over to the Custom House, took the elevator all the way to the top and took more pictures. What a view. Then it was a boat ride back to reality.

Sunday morning I worked for a few hours then Larry and I matted mounted and framed some of Larry's pictures for his new office.

Life is good, I seem to say that a lot these days. I truly think that with the work I am doing that it reinforces the need to stop and enjoy life more. It might sound so very repetitive to you all, but in my heart I know life is good. I treat each day as a gift. Larry and I lost two people suddenly last week, again I say life is short.

So I am now on my way out to view the Tall Ships leave Boston over from Castle Island. I will be going to Plymouth to do some volunteer work for PediPathways after that. I will leave with one thought for the day. Do one small thing, one small gesture today, make someone smile, hold open a door unexpectedly, call an old friend, do something for someone else, make a difference in someones life today. It will feel good.

Enjoy!

No comments: