Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Love My Life!

Hello All,

You know that song that has the line in it that says "What a Wonderful World" well that is how I feel. It is so gratifying and heartwarming to be able to help and give of yourself. I love my job and what I am doing. I count my blessings all the time. I had known that taking care and helping when my Dad passed away that I was there when he needed me. That I could helped him. Then when my Brother Jimmy passed, I was heartbroken to have him leave us at such a young age. My Mom's death hit me even harder, it seemed to me that my heart could not break any more. I fell apart. I had some very special people in my life then, my family is the best. Sadly though I must say that some who I thought were close friends are not close any more. They helped me then, but now, somehow through a misunderstanding are no longer in touch. It is with deep sorrow that they feel the way they do, but everyone changes. When my Aunt passed it seemed like a light bulb went off inside me, I knew what I had to do with my life. I had to and needed to follow my heart. The closing of the Quilt Shop was not an easy decision, I needed a major change to happen, to appreciate life more, to not work such long hours, to be able to be with and give to my family before another tragedy struck. I am well, my family is well, it is just that it should not take a tragedy to make any one of us to see and appreciate what is right in front of us. I am grateful for those who helped me through all my hard times, I know we all have them, I am more sorrowful for those who are no longer in touch.

This was not supposed to be a glum writing because you see I am happier than I have been in a long time It may count corny but Larry and I have made it 35 years married now and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I am to this day glad he was so patient with me and waited for me to realize he is the one for me. I am blessed with a wonderful smart, intelligent healthy son and daughter, and the love of her life is a great addition to the family. I am closer than ever to my sisters and brothers. Susan, Nancy and Cara and I are closer than ever. I say my prayers and thank God for my blessings all the time. I am being watched over by all those I loved who have passed. Life is truly good.

May you all who are struggling along realize that we all need to take a deep breath, stop and appreciate what we have while we still have it. If your not in a good place, or happy, change it. Do something positive with yourself. Do not look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not?

I have the entire week end off and plan on filling it with fun and laughter with very good friends on both days. I hope you can as well.

No comments: