Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cold Damp Satruday

Morning,

It actually feels good to have a day to stay home. To have a day that does not say, Hey I am sunny day today, come out and play. I want to get stuff done in the house today, including some baking.

It is only 14 days till we leave for Italy. Lucky us, or should I say we will be lucky if that nasty volcano stops erupting and the ash in the sky clears up so we can fly. So many flights have been canceled. It is affecting the Marathon on Monday too, I hear that some runners have not made it here yet. Who ever thought something that far away could impact the world all over.

I have come to a rude awakening that sometimes you cannot go back. Relationships change, people change, friendships change. I will treasure what I once had with many people, but know have to admit and accept that changes happen. I feel saddened by it though. People can be very strange at times, They can come and go from your lives, enrich them and then a change happens and they are gone. I will be grateful I had the time with them, but regret the distance that is so very obvious now. Cold shoulders and dirty looks are obvious to me. I will look to the good not not take it personally.

So for today, enjoy life, do a good deed, and take time for yourself, indulge in something that is just for you. I will make time to curl up under a quilt and read for an hour or so, while smelling the wonderful Lemon Pound Cake baking in the oven that I will make for Larry. That will be two treats in one.

Smile and make them wonder why...

No comments: