Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eve of Thangsgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I have lot to be thankful for.

I have my health. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me unconditionally. I have my kids Ian, Cara and Tim, whom I am so very proud of. I am thankful for being brought back together with a childhood friend Terri, her family and adorable grandchild Ben. We have been apart for many years but have quickly closed that gap. I love her and her family and will not let them slip away from us again. To be able to drop in at her house and visit and talk, I feel at home and know I am welcomed. It's a gift that she has.

I am also thankful for my YaYa Sisters - you know who you are. I know that we are there for each other for the good times and bad and every possible emotion in between. We can call each other up and say we just heard a special song that made us laugh or cry or think of each other and have them laugh and understand. Or to just say we just saw the Cardinals again and all is well.

I am thankful for my family and extended family. My parents are looking down on us and must be so happy to see that we are an even closer knit group now more than ever. We are there for each other at all times. I am thankful for now being able to live life more easily, by that I mean to be able to go into clients homes and give them the personal care and companionship that they need.

I'm thankful to be free enough to find yourself awake at four AM and say "Hey are you awake? Let's go do a sunrise shoot". I'm thankful to have a my camera and new lens that will let me get up close and personal and is so much fun. I am thankful for the house I live in, for the food on the table, a warm house and electricity when so many others around us are struggling to make it these days.

Tomorrow, while sitting at the dinner table and before we start to eat. we will follow a Fay Tradition. We'll all hold hands at the table, Larry will say a blessing and we will each say something that we are grateful for. This moment is always very moving for me. It touches my heart very deeply and has been known to make me teary eyed with love and pride for all who are sitting at my table. I consider myself a good person, one who like everyone else is pulled in many directions, but I pride myself in doing the right thing, in following through with my promises as time allows. I have and will always stand behind my word. I take great pride in that. People who question your integrity usually don't have much of it themselves.

Have a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving Folks. I have to start making my pies now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And now on to Christmas!! Katy