Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vacation

Hello,

Everyone needs a vacation or at least a break from the same old every day life we lead.

I just had the most glorious four days off. Larry and I along with eight ladies took a trip to Quebec City. I must admit I had the best time in the world. I laughed and walked and ate, and enjoyed myself the entire time I was there. I had Crepes for lunch and crepes for dessert, yummy! I must learn how to make them as I am hooked on them. I got to know the most fascinating women during the trip. I hope to be as knowledgeable and talented and funny as them someday. I have discovered one can take a picture of absolutely everything in life. I got a brand new camera for the trip. A new one just for me, not a hand me down, how cool am I? Pictures were taken of the many different drinks, appetizers, lunches, dinners and desserts. I do not think the hotel we had drinks at ever had a group like us in there ever before. The look on there faces while some were taking pictures of the drinks was hilarious. You all made that trip so wonderful for me. I am looking forward to our next outing. This trip rated as a five star event.

I am now off to clean up, dress up and enjoy our Camera Clubs 75th Anniversary Banquet tonight. Life is good.

Tomorrow life will get back to normal, but for now I am still Cinderella and having a ball. I have a prince of a husband and am so proud of him, he is my Prince Charming and sole mate for life.

I hope you all got to enjoy the long week end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat
I'm Dan's Mom, and a near neighbor. Here's the recipe we use for crepes
Iggies crepes
5 large eggs
2.5 cups milk
large squirt of vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
beat these together then add:
5 tablespoons melted butter
Cook by ladleful in a large hot skillet, turn over and cook the other side. Stack on a plate, until you've cooked them all. We spread jelly on ours and roll them or fold in quarters, but you can also fill these with things like spinach souffle and drizzle a cheddar cheese sauce over the top and have a dinner savory crepe. Enjoy! We miss your shop and all the batiks.