Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life is Crazy

I am telling you all, just when you think you have a handle on what you think life is all about you get thrown that curve ball. I swear I want to get it right, I step up to the bat, I swing and want to hit that ball right out of the park and get a home run, but alas, it was a foul ball. I know with each step in life we are supposed to learn something. I am trying really hard to do it right.

What I have learned about myself is I am good at nurturing, at listening, at caring and helping so many others. I enjoy that part of my life so much. It comes easily to me, very naturally. That has made leaving behind my Quilt Shop so easy for me. What I do now truly impacts those I am with so much more. When it comes to helping family members with problems and issues I wish I could hold them tight and blink my eyes and make all the hurt go away instantly. I cannot do it instantly, but I will be there any hour day or night to help in any way I can.

So for all of you out there who are taking life for granted, who piss and moan over the little stupid stuff. Stop, think, be grateful for what you have. Take just one moment today to do or say something to someone, anyone, to make them smile or feel like they are worthy of life. You gotta laugh, I went in to Walmart yesterday the greater at the door, a lovely older woman, did her usual, Welcome to Walmart to me, I stopped and said to her, why thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day too. She looked at me and smiled and said, thank you, no one takes the time to say anything to me, they just look away hoping I won't talk to them. I told her she does a good job making people feel wanted in the store. That made her smile. It did not take much, it made her day, but it felt good to me. It is the little stuff. Knock your self down a peg or two and maybe get off your high horse and show a little compassion to someone, anyone today. Remember where you came from and how you got there. Be grateful.

Sorry I did not mean to preach, but this comes from my heart.

Gotta go now and spread some cheer to others.

No comments: