Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back in the USA

Hi,

Well what a wonderful trip we had. I could live in Italy, no problem, IF I could talk my family into moving too. I loved it. Rome was nice but Venice was amazing. I did make the wishes in the fountain from those who had requested some help. I pray for you all that asked that it gets better. We spent Mothers' Day with my relatives whom I have not seen in ten years. I know Larry was a bit overwhelmed, who wouldn't be. I had not realized how much I missed them. It was a world wind trip and I have so many stories and wonderful memories. I took a thousand pictures! Now to process some of them and I will post a few here so you can see a few of them. In time.

Today was our first day back to work and Thursdays are our long days. As you can imagine we are both still a bit jet lagged and I am heading to bed in about five minutes. I am glad tomorrow is Friday then I can get my system back to normal again.

2 comments:

thetavern said...

Hi Pat,
I came across your blog while searching for Quilt shops near Hingham. I hope you don't mind me emailing. I am a nurse and met a wonderful family on a trip to Lourdes, France. They mother was in Lourdes with her handicapped son. Soon after the trip she was diagnosed with cancer so life hasn't been easy for her. They are coming to Hingham to visit and she's OBSESSED with quilting and wants me to take her to any local quilting shops. The only one I know of is in Pembroke. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Karen

Pat Fay said...

Here are a few I am most familiar with. I have listed them alphabetically.

All About Quilts in Walpole
Anns Fabrics in Canton
Black Cat Quilt Shop in Holden
Button Box in Wellesly
Pieceful Meadows in Middleboro
Saftlers in Whitman
Tumbleweeds in Pembroke

I know each of the owners, they are all dedicated and talented ladies. You will find each shop is different depending on your style and taste. I encourage you to check them all out. If I have left any shop out, it was not on purpose, I am working from memory right now.

I hope this helps some.

Happy Quilting!

Pat