Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hull Snow Row

Morning,

I had the best day yesterday. We started the morning boarding a boat in Quincy on a sunny warm morning. We headed out to watch the Hull Life Saving Row Races. What a spectacular day it was. I took over 200 pictures. I had my coat off and enjoyed being on the water. I spent most of my time on the top and middle decks taking pictures. We had about thirty people from camera club with us. We docked in Hull and were able to get off the boat for some up close pictures for a while too. When the race started we followed them out and around the harbor. Seeing all these in the water and taking pictures of them in the foreground and Bostons Skyline in the background was breath taking. We made it back with just enough time to them hop int he car and rush into Boston to see a live show. The night was wonderful. We spent the night with two other couples, laughing and enjoying ourselves. Then it was off to a nice dinner and conversation; oh yeah and lets not forget dessert too. Larry's shared a bite of his lemon dessert; yummy. It was then time to head home and fall into bed for a good nights sleep.
I am off now to see my nephews hockey game. He plays at Archbishop Williams. They are in the finals and the games have been such a treat to go too despite the drive to Bourne each time. I got to see him make two goals, I was hooting so loud I could not believe it was me. I want one more win for the team today so they can then head in to to Boston Gardens and play. What a highlight that would be for his career.
Enjoy the day, we have another bonus spring day happening out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a STUNNINGLY gorgeous day.
(I was one of the folks rowing solo, in
a long, light green dory.) The weather was unbelieveably beautiful; I know, this was my fourth year racing, and it can be brutal.
Will you be sharing any of your pictures?
I'm always dissapointed at the lack of coverage...the news folks are always invited, but somehow we never make the news. We did meet one Herald photographer, but I guess his shots weren't "newsworthy" enough. I'm glad you had such a good time. We did too. Tell your friends! And hope to see you next year!
--JA
Winthrop