Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a Whirlwind Time it is

Hi To All,

Can I tell you how happy I am? I could not be any happier, I smile a lot now, I am learning, I am experiencing so much. School started this past Monday, I am going to school to be a Certified Nursing Assistant. I thought the first day, Oh Dear Lord what have I done, it was such a fast paced class, so much information being handed out and homework, oh my. I start and end each class with an exam. Now I think I am already in the swing of it, I have read ahead and done the worksheets and homework. I have read the next days chapters and know what to expect. I give my first presentation next week and then we go do hands on clinical work. They have two facilities they use and I am all excited. I was always a hands on type of girl for learning anything. So ladies life is very fast paced, I will have three hours of homework each night, I love it, can you tell?

Larry and I have gone to a Maple Sugaring and enjoyed walking in the woods and enjoying nature.

I got to go to a rodeo practice on Sunday, what fun, I entered five pictures into competition and am having the time of my life. Larry and I are enjoying our time together.

My sister Nancy was in town for four days to celebrate my brother Paul turning 50. Wow is he getting old. It was really nice to gather for a fun family event.

The best news of all is today is St. Patty's Day and I had a new nephew born this morning. (My oldest brother Jimmy who passed aways daughter), My Sister Dotty (not sister in law because we love her so much) well their daughter Robyn and her husband Terry now have a beautiful baby boy who shall be called James Daniel O'Leary. All are doing well. I am so proud happy for them. I know Jimmy will be watching over them all.

My Love to All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat & Larry,
You sound like "life is good"! As much as I miss Quilters Compass I miss you both more. You were both always so upbeat and outgoing.
I am glad to hear that you are doing what you want and enjoying it. You are all to right in saying life is too short... enjoy every day. I know, I am here only because of wonderful doctors and medical staff, in Montana, and the Lord up above, that saved me 3 times. It's been a long hard road to recovery, with many more surgeries in between. However, I had/have a lot to live for, my husband who was there every minute I lay in ICU and after. Through my followup surgeries and recoveries. And also my two children and my 3 grandchildren, one who was born after my ordeal. So I look at life in a differnt way now and do try to live every day to the fullest.
My best to you and Larry, and please keep up the blog.
Betti Hayes